Leisure/Utility Vehicle Transaxles
Model H-12 Electric
The Schafer H-12 Electric is used in more electric golf cars than any other axle. Ground gears provide the highest-quality, quietest axle in the industry. Our aluminum housings, gears, axle shafts, axle tubes and brakes are all made in the U.S.A. for unparalleled quality.
- High-efficiency model features quiet helical gear design
- Nominal load rating is 1,500 lb (heavy-duty version is available)
- Designed to accept electric motors
- Available ratios range from 10.35 to 16.99
- Input torque ratings: 16 ft-lb continuous; 64 ft-lb maximum intermittent
- Brake options include 160mm (mechanical or hydraulic) or 7" (mechanical or hydraulic) drum brakes
- Wheel mounting options: 4 on 4" B.C. or 5 on 4.5" B.C.
- Optional independent suspension design
Schafer Driveline produces a variety of drum brakes ranging from 160mm to 12" in diameter. Many sizes are available in mechanical or hydraulic actuation and feature non-asbestos friction lining. Our brakes are designed to stop vehicles ranging from a 1200-lb golf car up to a 30,000-lb machine.
In the off-highway market, there are no "off-the-shelf" applications. Schafer Driveline has the engineering expertise to design a complete and complex powertrain solution. Working directly with you, we perform all of the calculations for gear strength, load capacity and speed requirements. With feature options like gear ratios, differential lock, high/low/neutral/reverse shifting, wheel-to-wheel width, wheel bolt pattern, custom bracketry and ground speed governor, Schafer Driveline can create a custom powertrain, saving you from having to design a vehicle around an existing axle.